Friday, January 31, 2014

Week 1

This is the first posting of the Rubber Boot Journalist.  I've worked as a photojournalist for the last 20 years and 15 of those years specializing in agriculture. A year ago I released my first children's originally titled Four Quarts Makes a Gallon recently retitled From the Farm to the Table Dairy. The books are targeted for second and third grade readers and my effort to educate children about agriculture and where their food comes from. Be sure and like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fromthefarmtothetable and follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/KathyCoatney. My FB page is filled with information and photos on agriculture. And if you can't find something, don't hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to provide information on a specific commodity or photos if available.

The Rubber Boot Journalist posting will be about my daily activities as a photojournalist, information about commodities I'm covering and photos. For my debut posting I am covering prune production in California. Did you know prune acreage is shrinking in California and packers are running ads encouraging growers to keep their acreage? Pretty amazing isn't it? Are you a dried plum eater?




Week 1, day 2, Rubber Boot Journalist, prune acreage has been decreasing on average 3,000 to 4,000 acres annually. Dried plums are extremely nutritious.  Why aren't we eating them?







Week 15, day 3, Rubber Boot Journalist released Falling For You..Again! Working on getting the word out today and back to new articles on Monday.






















No comments:

Post a Comment